Benefits of Bioidentical Hormones & Balanced Hormone Levels
Colorado Springs Bioidentical Hormones Specialists & BHRT Clinics
Colorado Springs Bioidentical Hormones Locator provides Bioidentical Hormone Physicians & Clinics offering Bioidentical Hormones in Colorado Springs Colorado to men and women that are experiencing the effects of hormonal decline. Hormones control a series of different functions in the human body, which include reproduction, digestion, metabolism, body temperature, energy production, and youthfulness.
When hormones decline due to stress, aging, poor lifestyle factors, illness, medications, or a lack of sleep, numerous health conditions can result from hormonal changes and imbalances. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can replace deficient hormones and correct imbalances to help patients regain optimal levels of health and wellness. Our Directory of Colorado Springs Bioidentical Hormone Specialists can help patients in El Paso County, Colorado Springs, Fountain, and Manitou Springs, Teller County, Cripple Creek, Victor, Woodland Park, and Green Mountain Falls.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy uses hormones that are identical in chemical and molecular structure and function to the hormones produced in the body. Most men and Women can safely and effectively eradicate the health issues that accompany hormone loss, and they can derive numerous health benefits. A Bioidentical Hormones doctor in Colorado Springs CO can help tailor programs to meet specific needs and improve overall health.
Some of the benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may include:
- Reduced Body Fat
- In women, imbalances in estrogen and progesterone often lead to weight loss resistance or increases in body fat. Low levels of estrogen can cause the body to retain body fat because it contains estrogen, and low progesterone levels can cause bloating and water retention because it is a natural diuretic. Restoring hormones to healthy levels can help women to lose weight and shed body fat.
In men, reduced testosterone can lead to a lack of motivation for exercise and reduced metabolism, which may increase body fat. Higher levels of fat increase estrogen in the body, which can suppress testosterone, and lower levels of testosterone can continue the cycle of increasing fat and estrogen to suppress more testosterone. Balancing testosterone can stop this vicious cycle and help men to reduce body fat, while increasing testosterone levels.
- Increased Sexual Function
- In women, lower levels of estrogen and progesterone can lead to vaginal dryness, inability to climax, and low libido, and while these symptoms can occur at any time in a woman’s life, they are most commonly occur during the times of perimenopause and menopause. Balancing hormones can help to restore libido and sexual function.
In men, signs of low testosterone can begin with a lack of desire for sexual activity, which is followed with a loss of involuntary morning erections, and over time, reduced testosterone can lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Healthier Sleep
- In both men and women, imbalanced hormones can lead to sleeping issues. Insomnia, trouble falling asleep, or issues staying asleep can be attributed to hormonal imbalances, and this can occur because a lack of estrogen and progesterone can decrease serotonin levels, which helps to promote sleep.
- Increased Sense of Wellbeing
- In both men and women, estrogen helps to raise levels of endorphins, which can elevate moods, and both estrogen and progesterone increase GABA receptors that transmit feelings of calmness. When hormones decline, men and women may experience emotional changes, which can include increased anger, anxiety, irritability, depression, and sadness. Restoring important hormones to healthy levels can help men and women to feel calmer and obtain a greater sense of wellbeing.
- More Youthful Appearance
- In women and men, estrogen can promote the production of collagen to allow the skin to stay youthful and elastic, and in women, it can also help maintain breast fullness, thick hair and nails, and radiant skin. In both women and men, testosterone can help muscles to stay firm to prevent muscle atrophy and flabbiness. During hormone decline, most men lose around 12-15 pounds of muscle mass, and women lose muscle tone and become flabbier. Balancing important sex hormones can allow men and women to look more youthful and healthy.
- Boosted Vitality
- In both men and women, low levels of hormones, which may include thyroid hormone, estrogen, or testosterone, can cause blood sugar to fluctuate, and the body cannot reap optimal amounts of energy from food. Balancing hormones can allow the body to process energy from food more effectively to increase daily amounts of energy. Healthy levels of testosterone can also help increase red blood cells in men and women, which are needed to carry oxygen to different parts of the body, and adequate testosterone levels may increase workout performances, stamina, and endurance.
- Lower Risk of Osteoporosis
- When sex hormone levels are low, women and men can lose bone mass, which can lead to the disease known as osteoporosis. While osteoporosis is more common in older women than men, it can still negatively affect men. This condition occurs when bones become thin, porous, and brittle; however, balancing hormones can keep bones healthy by helping with the absorption of calcium, zinc, and magnesium.
Our Directory of Colorado Springs Bioidentical Hormone Specialists can help men and women in El Paso County, Colorado Springs, Fountain, Manitou Springs, Teller County, Cripple Creek, Victor, Woodland Park, and Green Mountain Falls to improve their health and reduce the symptoms of hormone decline. Patients in Colorado Springs Co can rise above the many challenges that present with aging and hormone decline and obtain numerous benefits. Contact a Bioidentical Hormones Specialist in Colorado Springs Co today to learn more about the benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Find local Colorado Springs bioidentical hormone doctors near you!
Robert T. Motazedi, M.D.
1985 Dominion Way
Colorado Springs , Colorado 80918